Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blind date18

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I should have done this abit earlier but its ever too late to post this.
This post is not meant to describe the best resources or best plan of action for to tackle down step 1 because i personally believe that most of the students preparing already know this!!

Let me start off with short intro of me

Me being an average international student from a medium tier med school
Started off preparation with very high aspirations . I started working my ass off just like ever other student preparing for this exam around 10 to 12 a day but just to face dissapointments from low scores of nbme . I thought i can pull up my scores as the time progress but believe me it didnt happen that easily it took a lot of **** out of me to a point that it caused me the scariest nightmares ever in my life .After preparing for around 6 months which i thought it would happen, ended in postponing the exam for the 1st time
Again kicked off my preparation with high aspirations trying to forget what had happened to start all new and fresh soon i was concered by fear and guilt of not reaching my own exceptations and the saga of scoring low on nbme contiuned even after preparing for another 4 months and to no suprise i didnt appear for the exam this is 2nd time ( i already exhaused the option of postponing , so i had no option but to drop out of the exam just one day before) believe me at that point of time i was exhausted,broken ,overwhelmed with fear and agony not knowing what to do for a month or so. I was desperatly searching for answers and sources which can solve this puzzle in my mind, it happened so i gathered my spirits and started my preparation again and this time nbme saga didnt continue ,i was slowly improving and picked up my confidence from each NBME .The improving scores gave me the courage to move forward, FINALLY i was all ready for the battle gave my exam this May

The bottom line after all the prep, which i can say is i never lost HOPE and my burning DESIRE to succeed .There is always some thing back inside my head that told me ,I can still be better person!!!! This is what that kept me pushing through out my journey . I know this being long so i end up my saying " MOST BEAUTIFUL THINGS ARE SEEN ONLY AFTER TOUGHEST CLIMB". NEVER LOSE HOPE

PITFALLS TO AVOID
-NOT TAKING U WORLD AS LEARNING CURVE( this is the biggest mistake done ,do u world as learning tool from 1st pass it self)
-Trying to copy & paste other sucessful people study schedule on me
-Limiting my study resource to FIRST AID itself

A very very big thanks to this forum and its members this has been a big part of my study .If i had done this any one can go for it ,All the very best & cheers!!!
20180618_083852.png
20180618_083852.png

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello your story is very inspiring! I am an IMG with 4 months to study and was wondering what resources would you use? Are you sure that UW and FA is enough even in my basics are weak?

Hello your story is very inspiring! I am an IMG with 4 months to study and was wondering what resources would you use? Are you sure that UW and FA is enough even in my basics are weak?

Hi , step 2my love i personally did not focus much on fa in the last few of my prep rather i had spend time in understanding concepts which iam weak at rather than just memorizing them although it takes a lot of time to understand in dept and reproduce them ,i personally recommend it because that was handy while tackling down some tricky questions in my exam some topics in fa are not covered in dept for example cardio physio , hypersenstive reactions etc i would recommend to search read and understand the concepts(saying that u have weak basics) , i would also recommend u to do as many questions as possible one this will help you to improve ur test taking skills secondly u will be able to identify ur weak areas

U world is gold standard

This forum is a great resource u can find answers to most of the questions except u need to search alot, i think with 4 months left u can easily pull it off ,all the very best dude