Step 2 Advice

Started by W222
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

W222

2K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know these are sort of general questions but I will throw them out there anyway. I am starting my Step 2 prep and have a little less than a month before I take it and unfortunitely I only have a few hours a day to study for it.

What sort of time does Step 2 require? (I have heard anywhere from a month to a week)

What review books are best?

Any other general advice?
 
I took a month to study but in reality it ended up being two intense weeks. If you only have a few hours a day I would take a month to make sure you do well. I read first aid and sections of boards and wards, mainly the surgery section. By far the biggest help was USMLE world, buy it and do as much as you can. I did about 70 percent of the questions, they take much longer than kaplan q bank for step 1, somewhere around an hour and a half to read the explanations and do 46 questions for me.