step 2 and fellowship

Started by jd4540
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jd4540

New Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
During one of my interviews a resident told me that fellowships request to see your board scores, is this true? I was planning on taking step 2 in late jan, wont have too much study time, can doing mediocre actually hurt me long term? Thanks
 
I don't know for sure, so take this with a grain of salt. I've already matched radiology btw. I made a 99 on step 1, took step 2 after the match cold turkey and didn't do as well but still okay. I'm not that worried about it. I'm sure they want your board scores but I'm sure they are more concerned about how good of a resident you were.