Step II Step 2: B&W vs. FA

Started by 14022
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

1

14022

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just decided to start studying for step 2 and I take it in 3 weeks, unless I push it back. I purchased Boards and Wards and First Aid, but I have come to the realization that 2 books may be too much, expecially since I learn better from doing questions and want to spend a lot of time on Kaplan QBank and NMS Q book.

Is Boards and Wards enough to study from, or should I go through First Aid as well. I like the format of B&W better than FA, but it is much shorter and I am afraid I may miss a lot of detail from First Aid. Any advice?
 
i used b&w primarily (read it off and on during clinicals), but lost it about 2 weeks out and got first aid. i was surprised by first aid, it was great. i dont think you can go wrong with either, take a look at them and decide which will work best for you. supplement with LOTS of practice questions
 
i am about to start 3rd year but got first aid step 2 to study for comlex 1 (don't ask), what seems nice about it is that there is lots of room to write stuff in if u need to as opposed to first aid for step1.