Step 2: B&W vs. FA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I just decided to start studying for step 2 and I take it in 3 weeks, unless I push it back. I purchased Boards and Wards and First Aid, but I have come to the realization that 2 books may be too much, expecially since I learn better from doing questions and want to spend a lot of time on Kaplan QBank and NMS Q book.

Is Boards and Wards enough to study from, or should I go through First Aid as well. I like the format of B&W better than FA, but it is much shorter and I am afraid I may miss a lot of detail from First Aid. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

i used b&w primarily (read it off and on during clinicals), but lost it about 2 weeks out and got first aid. i was surprised by first aid, it was great. i dont think you can go wrong with either, take a look at them and decide which will work best for you. supplement with LOTS of practice questions

i am about to start 3rd year but got first aid step 2 to study for comlex 1 (don't ask), what seems nice about it is that there is lots of room to write stuff in if u need to as opposed to first aid for step1.