Step 2 Burn Out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coltuna

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Title says it all really. I'm 9 days from my exam and completely burnt out. I've finished 83% of Uworld with a 67% average (didn't do any content review before starting so average is a bit deflated). Was getting 70-80% on blocks consistently then really hit a wall these past couple days-- 50-60% consistently. I'm pretty lost on what to do and feeling kind of defeated right now. Was thinking about just doing UWSA2 and Free 120 and reviewing thoroughly. Most of the questions I miss on Uworld are just straight up content I've never seen. Would it be beneficial to just hammer content review for a couple days?? Any help is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

If you’re missing content, I would absolutely hammer content. I’d do it with whatever your weakest subjects are, with practice questions. Do blocks of whatever subject it is that you’re worst at… and look a little harder at the questions.

Sometimes when I go back to questions that I missed because I “didn’t know“ the content, and read the explanations, I think that UWorld doesn’t actually expect us to know a lot of the minutiae it’s testing on - more like can you rule options in or out based on what you do know, and do the various answer options make any logical sense. I know when I got super burned out I stopped really analyzing every answer option and just gave up and picked something when I didn’t know the answer outright, that’s when my block scores dropped the most.

Reactions: 1 user