Step 2 Burn Out

Started by Coltuna
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Coltuna

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All,

Title says it all really. I'm 9 days from my exam and completely burnt out. I've finished 83% of Uworld with a 67% average (didn't do any content review before starting so average is a bit deflated). Was getting 70-80% on blocks consistently then really hit a wall these past couple days-- 50-60% consistently. I'm pretty lost on what to do and feeling kind of defeated right now. Was thinking about just doing UWSA2 and Free 120 and reviewing thoroughly. Most of the questions I miss on Uworld are just straight up content I've never seen. Would it be beneficial to just hammer content review for a couple days?? Any help is appreciated.
 
If you’re missing content, I would absolutely hammer content. I’d do it with whatever your weakest subjects are, with practice questions. Do blocks of whatever subject it is that you’re worst at… and look a little harder at the questions.

Sometimes when I go back to questions that I missed because I “didn’t know“ the content, and read the explanations, I think that UWorld doesn’t actually expect us to know a lot of the minutiae it’s testing on - more like can you rule options in or out based on what you do know, and do the various answer options make any logical sense. I know when I got super burned out I stopped really analyzing every answer option and just gave up and picked something when I didn’t know the answer outright, that’s when my block scores dropped the most.