step 2 ck scheduling problems... plz help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heathermed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to schedule my step 2 ck for august but can't seem to be able to do it on the website since it only goes forward 3 months. Does anyone know how early you can schedule for an august test?

also, june and july dates seem to be totally full? I always thought ck wasn't that difficult to schedule. Am I looking at the wrong thing or are they actually full?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm trying to schedule my step 2 ck for august but can't seem to be able to do it on the website since it only goes forward 3 months. Does anyone know how early you can schedule for an august test?

also, june and july dates seem to be totally full? I always thought ck wasn't that difficult to schedule. Am I looking at the wrong thing or are they actually full?

thanks!
Once you register you are only given a 3 months span that you can only register within.It's based on what trimester you choose when you were registering.In my case I chose April, May and June.It was thus impossible for me to register in July or August , even before the 3 months span, like in March.If you want to take it beyond that period of time, you need to file an extension for found on the NBME website

Once you register you are only given a 3 months span that you can only register within.It's based on what trimester you choose when you were registering.In my case I chose April, May and June.It was thus impossible for me to register in July or August , even before the 3 months span, like in March.If you want to take it beyond that period of time, you need to file an extension for found on the NBME website

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! You totally made my month!!! Now I see why june and july is blanked out because my original eligibility period i signed up for end in may.

thank you once again.
have a great day!!!

I'm sorry to ask again... I'm not sure if anyone has any experience in this.

I just filled out my extension request. Does anyone know how long it will take to be approved?

also, should I cancel my original test date that I have at the end of this month, or will it be automatically cancelled when my eligibility period changes? the reason why i ask is if god forbid the eligibility period doesn't get changed, then if I cancel this prematurely, I'm screwed right?

thanks again

I'm sorry to ask again... I'm not sure if anyone has any experience in this.

I just filled out my extension request. Does anyone know how long it will take to be approved?

also, should I cancel my original test date that I have at the end of this month, or will it be automatically cancelled when my eligibility period changes? the reason why i ask is if god forbid the eligibility period doesn't get changed, then if I cancel this prematurely, I'm screwed right?

thanks again
I don't know exactly how long it take but once you applied for an extension, you are free to cancel your appointment with prometric and wait until nbme issue you another confirmation number to use and reschedule with prometric.Good luck