Step 2 CK score affect on matching - NYC Anesthesia programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc0001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my step 2 CK a week ago, and only had a week worth of preparation for it. Based on practice exam I took before the real CK, I got 221, so I am expecting my score to be anywhere between 220-230. I am an average applicant with 233 step I and decent third year grades. Other than Mt Sinai and Columbia I have only received interview invites from most programs in NYC/Bronx/Brooklyn/Queens area. I would prefer to match in NYC and wanted to know how a subpar Step 2 CK would affect my ranking and overall matching into NYC programs? Would really appreciate your feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

I took my step 2 CK a week ago, and only had a week worth of preparation for it. Based on practice exam I took before the real CK, I got 221, so I am expecting my score to be anywhere between 220-230. I am an average applicant with 233 step I and decent third year grades. Other than Mt Sinai and Columbia I have only received interview invites from most programs in NYC/Bronx/Brooklyn/Queens area. I would prefer to match in NYC and wanted to know how a subpar Step 2 CK would affect my ranking and overall matching into NYC programs? Would really appreciate your feedback.

Hey there! I know this is an old post but I'm curious what ended up happening for you. I'm at at a state MD school in New England with a 221 step 1, 237 step 2, and also decent 3rd year grades. Curious about where you ended up interviewing, etc.

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users