USMLE Step 2 CK Score Report Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tonycake

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently hoping for me score to come right after submitting ERAS on Sept 15. I have my Step 2 CK currently scheduled for August 28th, do you guys/girls think my score will come after Sept 15?

Thanks everyone! I've tried to search for a clear answer but it seems ambiguous.

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently hoping for me score to come right after submitting ERAS on Sept 15. I have my Step 2 CK currently scheduled for August 28th, do you guys/girls think my score will come after Sept 15?

Thanks everyone! I've tried to search for a clear answer but it seems ambiguous.

Most likely. Reporting usually takes 3-4 weeks, and the scores are released on a Wednesday. They also have scores delayed for those taking the exam early July-Mid August, with the target release date for these tests being September 6th; this delay should not effect you, but is worth noting. Below is the information listed on the FAQ website covering the issue as well as the url, in addition to the info/url for the website from which I took the information about the delay.

United States Medical Licensing Examination | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Scores for Step 1, Step 2 CK and Step 3 are released each Wednesday. Generally these will include scores for examinees who tested three to four weeks before the release date. However, there are many factors that may delay an individual score release. Usually these will be quickly resolved and the score released in the next weekly cycle. Your registration entity will notify you via email when your score becomes available. When released, your scores will be posted to your registration entity's secure website: for Step 1 and Step 2, either NBME or ECFMG; for Step 3, FSMB. If you have not received your score within eight weeks of your test date, please contact us to determine the status of your score report. Please note that new scores are not released during the week of 4th of July or the week after Christmas.

Step 2 CK – Delay in Score Reporting - ECFMG News
Most score reporting of Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) results occurs within four weeks of testing. However, because of necessary modifications to the test item pool, there will be a delay in reporting for some examinees who test beginning the week of July 3, 2017. The target date for reporting Step 2 CK scores for most examinees testing the week of July 3 through mid-August will be Wednesday, September 6, 2017. For examinees whose circumstances require that they receive Step 2 CK scores before September 6, it is recommended that they take the exam no later than June 30.

I think you will get the scores after Sept. 15th.

I'm taking the test on August 15th and hope it's considered "mid-August" by USMLE and I will get my scores on Sept. 6th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, as stated by Joanna scores will be released by Sept 6 if you take it during July-Mid Aug. However, I called them (USMLE) and they explained to me that if you take it after the "delay period" your score will only take 3-4 wks to arrive as that is the usual schedule (they did say things could happen and the score might be delayed) nevertheless they expect scores to be release as usual. I'm taking the CK on Aug 17th (thursday), so my score is scheduled to be released by Sept 6 or Sept 13. So I'm crossing fingers things work out well.

Most likely. Reporting usually takes 3-4 weeks, and the scores are released on a Wednesday. They also have scores delayed for those taking the exam early July-Mid August, with the target release date for these tests being September 6th; this delay should not effect you, but is worth noting. Below is the information listed on the FAQ website covering the issue as well as the url, in addition to the info/url for the website from which I took the information about the delay.

United States Medical Licensing Examination | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Scores for Step 1, Step 2 CK and Step 3 are released each Wednesday. Generally these will include scores for examinees who tested three to four weeks before the release date. However, there are many factors that may delay an individual score release. Usually these will be quickly resolved and the score released in the next weekly cycle. Your registration entity will notify you via email when your score becomes available. When released, your scores will be posted to your registration entity's secure website: for Step 1 and Step 2, either NBME or ECFMG; for Step 3, FSMB. If you have not received your score within eight weeks of your test date, please contact us to determine the status of your score report. Please note that new scores are not released during the week of 4th of July or the week after Christmas.

Step 2 CK – Delay in Score Reporting - ECFMG News
Most score reporting of Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) results occurs within four weeks of testing. However, because of necessary modifications to the test item pool, there will be a delay in reporting for some examinees who test beginning the week of July 3, 2017. The target date for reporting Step 2 CK scores for most examinees testing the week of July 3 through mid-August will be Wednesday, September 6, 2017. For examinees whose circumstances require that they receive Step 2 CK scores before September 6, it is recommended that they take the exam no later than June 30.

WTF they did the same **** to me for step 1 ugh. I wish I could ever just wait 3-4 weeks like a normal person.