Step 2 CK score reporting wait time, etc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FarEastGrapplr2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have not heard of results taking more than 4 weeks for step 2 ck (most i've read even say 3 weeks). if i need my results for post-match, can i take my exam on Feb 15th (wed). are scores submitted every wednesday for processing (i believe i read that long ago), end of test day wed? or before wed (should i take mine Feb 14th - Tue, instead)?

any help is GREATLY appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

If it's that important I wouldnt wait until the last minute in case there are delays...I would take it around the beginning of Feb., 2 weeks is not going to make any difference in your score.

thanks for the reply. and just for clarification, i CAN take it on a wednesday and expect to get the results the 4th wednesday, 4 weeks, after (though i hear most get their step 2 scores in 3 weeks). i ask cause i think i'll schedule my exam for either feb 14th (not sure how the mrs feels about that) or the 15th (a wednesday). sorry to pick your brain like this. maybe there's a link somewhere explaining score reporting.!?

thanks again

FarEastGrapplr2 said:
thanks for the reply. and just for clarification, i CAN take it on a wednesday and expect to get the results the 4th wednesday, 4 weeks, after (though i hear most get their step 2 scores in 3 weeks). i ask cause i think i'll schedule my exam for either feb 14th (not sure how the mrs feels about that) or the 15th (a wednesday). sorry to pick your brain like this. maybe there's a link somewhere explaining score reporting.!?

thanks again

usually the ck scores have been sent to the dean's office on the 3rd wednesday after the exam. (if you take the exam on a tuesday, then it would be the 4th wednesday which is 22 days). A few days after that the student should receive the score report in the postal mail. However, nbme is notoriously unreliable with score reporting so dont bank on getting the score on the 3rd wednesday, but getting it in 4 weeks (28 days) is a more realistic expectation.