Step 2 CK timing? Urgent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tyrion33

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
x

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Usually they want to see that you’ve passed before ranking you. For you, it could help your step score but you’re only a few points off the average and 17 pubmeds is a huge plus. I think you have a great shot at somewhere you rotated if you did a good job, and probably some other places with lower step cutoffs (of course it’s hard to know the exact cutoff for most places - not sure how accurate FREIDA is...). I would apply broadly and try to do better on Step 2, and send the score to places once you have the result. Most interviews will have already been sent out by mid to late December so you could potentially snag a few late ones if you do well.

Usually they want to see that you’ve passed before ranking you. For you, it could help your step score but you’re only a few points off the average and 17 pubmeds is a huge plus. I think you have a great shot at somewhere you rotated if you did a good job, and probably some other places with lower step cutoffs (of course it’s hard to know the exact cutoff for most places - not sure how accurate FREIDA is...). I would apply broadly and try to do better on Step 2, and send the score to places once you have the result. Most interviews will have already been sent out by mid to late December so you could potentially snag a few late ones if you do well.

Agree with this. Your Step 1 score is still good to get you an interview and you've checked of all the other things. One of the residents I rotated at in the south had a 251 Step 1, 0 publications, school is a top-50 program. Ended up matching at his home program, which is also a well known program. CK score was a 219.