step 2 ck - timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nasdr

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi -

on prior threads it states that step 2 ck results are usually available in 4-6 weeks. i've also read that...

"A new version of the software used to deliver the computer-based USMLE Step examinations is scheduled to be introduced in mid-August 2008. Migration to the new version will occur first in the Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) examination. The migration is expected to begin at a small number of test centers on August 14, and will then be phased in at remaining test centers throughout the remainder of August and into September. If you plan to take the Step 2 CK examination in mid-August 2008 or later, you should familiarize yourself with both the current test delivery software and the new version."

my question is whether score reporting will still take 4-6 weeks once this new version comes out. essentially, i'm taking step 2 ck at the end of december...will these results be ready when schools are making their ROL?

Members don't see this ad.

I verified with the folks over at the NBME that they will indeed be back to the 4 week turnaround time after the initial batch is released in early oct.

thanks for checking into this. so if i were to take ck on dec 22, it sounds like i can share my scores prior to programs making their ROL. or do programs actually make this list prior to the due date in feb?