Step 2 CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

banananut

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice regarding Step 2 CK from a 4th year MD student...I was scheduled to take it a few weeks ago, but when I showed up to the testing center there was a malfunction with the cameras at the facility and I had to reschedule the exam. Unfortunately, I had some health issues and had to go into the hospital and was unable to take the "re-scheduled" date for my exam. Now I'm recovering and should be able to take all my desired rotations, etc. this year, but I don't have another free block to "re-study" or take time off to take the exam before applications are due, or before interviews. I have an average step 1 score and pretty good grades, in the top 25% of my class. I feel like I have a very explainable story, but I'm not sure if and/or how much it will affect my ability to interview or match. Any advice on what to do??

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

uh...i mean, i guess my thought was that step 2 material is not stuff you readily forget like step 1...mostly critical thinking and diagnosis...did you forget a lot? it might be easier to explain a score on an interview that was 5 less than your target vs. being put in an "incomplete" folder at the ol' residency office

2c

good point. thanks!
uh...i mean, i guess my thought was that step 2 material is not stuff you readily forget like step 1...mostly critical thinking and diagnosis...did you forget a lot? it might be easier to explain a score on an interview that was 5 less than your target vs. being put in an "incomplete" folder at the ol' residency office

2c