Step 2 CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OBGirlie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am so freaking excited!!!!!!!! 245! Hopefully it is in time for some of the big names to give me a second look!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! Do you or anybody know what Step 2ck score the "big name" residency programs are looking for?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have seen per apgo webside 220. That's the highest I've seen and who knows if they really follow that, or if it is a and/or type thing (like if you did lower on step 1 but improved on step 2 and visa versa)

I hate to burst your bubble but I got a 250 on CK and had a friend who got in the 260's on CK (as well as well above average scores on step I) and we both got rejections from Beth Israel, Brigham and Women's as well as some other top schools...board scores aren't everything. Congrats on your great score though!

I hate to burst your bubble but I got a 250 on CK and had a friend who got in the 260's on CK (as well as well above average scores on step I) and we both got rejections from Beth Israel, Brigham and Women's as well as some other top schools...board scores aren't everything. Congrats on your great score though!
Lol, you arent bursting my bubble :0 Obviously I know folks with higher scores, I simply said I was happy about mine and that I hope some more of MY top programs will consider it.

What about those that went down from Step 1? Got 231 on Step 1 and 216 on Step 2. Hmmm. . .how screwed am I?

What about those that went down from Step 1? Got 231 on Step 1 and 216 on Step 2. Hmmm. . .how screwed am I?
I don't think you are screwed. Step 1 is a big deal and you did well. Focus on the positive :)

We can't change anything else about our applications at this point ....so just focus on what is good about your applications. Outside of the interview, it is all out of our hands for the most part. I am also focusing on lots and lots of prayer. I am also a control freak so this process is really helping me to work on that. See yall on the interview trail.

for those of us applying...what else in your opinion is important...

Agree... I am a caribbean student with a 243 and 261 on step 1/2 respectively. I haven't heard from any of the programs that you U.S. students would probably consider just average programs. I don't think these scores count for near as much as we thought they did.

for those of us applying...what else in your opinion is important...

And for those of us applying next year...is it worth taking step 2 CK before applying? I did well on step 1, so my step 2 score is almost guaranteed to be equal or lower than my step 1 score. Does anyone know of programs that won't interview without seeing a step 2 score?

Agree... I am a caribbean student with a 243 and 261 on step 1/2 respectively. I haven't heard from any of the programs that you U.S. students would probably consider just average programs. I don't think these scores count for near as much as we thought they did.

wow! those are amazing scores. i didn't score that high on either step. i guess there really is a bias towards foreign grads. however, i still think you could still get some great interviews...right?

wow! those are amazing scores. i didn't score that high on either step. i guess there really is a bias towards foreign grads. however, i still think you could still get some great interviews...right?

I would think so, last year Northwestern took 3 FMGs