step 2 cs advice please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

winkleweizen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took step 2 cs about a week or so ago and feel I did horribly. I forgot to wear gloves twice. Never once percussed, forgot to test a couple cranial nerves, forgot an important abd exam, didnt close the door before stating hello Mr x once, didnt ask about domestic abuse in most cases, didnt look in many throats. For some reason I also cant ever remember draping a pt (I think they were already draped but caNT remember), I started stuttering for like 15 seconds on one case, and iprobably missed some things on the notes too. Basically im concerned I failed, as I studied zero for this and felt crappy coming out.

I did not autoatically release scores on eras and will have time to retake before graduating if I do fail, but I am concerned how this could affect me in the match? Will programs know eventually that I failed even if I chose not to release eras?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I took step 2 cs about a week or so ago and feel I did horribly. I forgot to wear gloves twice. Never once percussed, forgot to test a couple cranial nerves, forgot an important abd exam, didnt close the door before stating hello Mr x once, didnt ask about domestic abuse in most cases, didnt look in many throats. For some reason I also cant ever remember draping a pt (I think they were already draped but caNT remember), I started stuttering for like 15 seconds on one case, and iprobably missed some things on the notes too. Basically im concerned I failed, as I studied zero for this and felt crappy coming out.

I did not autoatically release scores on eras and will have time to retake before graduating if I do fail, but I am concerned how this could affect me in the match? Will programs know eventually that I failed even if I chose not to release eras?

Thanks

Are you White?
Are you from a US school?
You speak with no accent?

If the answers to the questions above are yes . . . relax. You passed. The system is already rigged for us.

No one knows if residency programs see step 2 cs scores or ask for it before match if you dont release on ERAS?

No one knows if residency programs see step 2 cs scores or ask for it before match if you dont release on ERAS?

Some will, some won't. They're unlikely to ask if you're not an IMG. If you're genuinely concerned, apply to a few more residency programs.

I'm an IMG and I haven't taken Step 2CS yet, but I still already have 4 interview offers. So you can definitely get interviews without this test.