USMLE Step 2 CS announcement system failure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yellow Submarine

Reaction score
I took my step 2 CS in LA at the end of April and I met technical issues in one of my encounters.
The "encounter is over" announcement was 5 minutes ahead of the true ending and everyone was forced to leave the examination room, leave the patient note blank, and wait for the repairment of announcement system.
I felt terrified and kept worrying about how the encounter would be scored during the rest of the exam.
I did feel the technical issue exerted a negative influence on my performance in the remaining encounters.
I received an e-mail notifying me the encounter with the technical issue would be excluded when calculating my score.
But unfortunately I FAILED my CS test, is there any chance that I could argue with ECFMG to cancel my test score?
I really don't want to fail my first attempt at CS.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see any problem in trying. The worst they can say is no.

That is also the most likely scenario because AMA is never wrong (in their eyes). So while you're doing that, I would work towards scheduling a retake and making sure you take the appropriate steps to not fail.