USMLE Step 2 CS December 13th 2017 score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else counting down the days to next Wednesday? I took CS second half of September, so I'm expecting results next week D:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm terrified of it. No room room to fail bc there probably won't be retake dates in time.

I'm terrified of it. No room room to fail bc there probably won't be retake dates in time.

This has me scared too. Is there theoretically a chance to take it again before Dec. 31 and get the score back before rank lists are submitted? It would probably be super expensive because of paying late booking fee and then getting last minute flights... but possible right?

This has me scared too. Is there theoretically a chance to take it again before Dec. 31 and get the score back before rank lists are submitted? It would probably be super expensive because of paying late booking fee and then getting last minute flights... but possible right?
Possible yeah if you find a date that opens up. There was someone on reddit that said they failed recently and the closest date was early January which is after rank lists are made.

Has the "permit method" of pass/fail prediction been validated for Step 2 CS? What is the SDN literature on that?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mines still up and I took it on Sep 12 I think. I feel like a pretty big wreck at this point. No idea what I'll do if I fail. I have a lot of interviews but a failure will make me DOA at a couple of these places and I need as many rank spots as I can get.

Mines still up and I took it on Sep 12 I think. I feel like a pretty big wreck at this point. No idea what I'll do if I fail. I have a lot of interviews but a failure will make me DOA at a couple of these places and I need as many rank spots as I can get.

I'm also really nervous especially with the increased passing cutoff and also because I messed up a bunch of cases...

My permit is still up, took it 10/6, AMG. Really don't want to wait another week :/

Where do you see if the permit is up or not?

Should be a “print permit” button under the section for Step 2 CS. I still have it, took it 9/15

Anyone else really nervous about this Wednesday?

edit: took it in Atlanta if anyone is wondering

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Should be a “print permit” button under the section for Step 2 CS. I still have it, took it 9/15

Anyone else really nervous about this Wednesday?

I'm super nervous... And I'm going to be at an interview :confused: so I guess it'll be double nerves for me.

I'm super nervous... And I'm going to be at an interview :confused: so I guess it'll be double nerves for me.

Same here. On the interview trail as well. But it’s the days leading up to Wednesday that are going to be the worst

I took it 9/27 and still have my permit. I have the link and when I click it, my permit pops up. :/

Took Step 2 CS in Atlanta 10/27. AMG. Scheduling Permit disappeared yesterday around 4PM Eastern time. By disappeared I mean that the actual button is no longer there to press. Good luck everyone!

Took November 1st, no permit! Should I expect the report after tomorrow?

Scores generally come out on Wednesdays for all USMLE exams. While it's claimed that if your schedule permit goes away the Sunday before your score you passed, this hasn't been verified as far as I know. All that can be said is that you will receive your score the Wednesday after the permit disappears.

Good luck to you. I'm sure you are nervous like all of us.

Reactions: 2 users
just registered to post this.

Had major anxiety about this exam result. Im an IMG from the UK, took the test 1st NOV and made some major mistakes, completely blanked out. My permit went almost the same or next day, does anyone know what the means?

God be with us for these two days!

Reactions: 2 users

Had major anxiety about this exam result. Im an IMG from the UK, took the test 1st NOV and made some major mistakes, completely blanked out. My permit went almost the same or next day, does anyone know what the means?

Amen.

Major anxiety about this result. Didn't feel like my test went great. We shall see.

Reactions: 7 users
Took exam in Philly Nov 4...it did not go well- so many vague cases and uncooperative SPs. IMG. Permit link is there but the permit itself has disappeared. Match is just around the corner and this exam has the potential to ruin everything.
Anyone know of a case where someone's permit disappeared and failed?

I m an IMG, Took the exam in philly, 9/13.. I m under the impression that my permit disappeared a long time ago and I don’t know how to interpret it

IMG here, took the test on 9th of October...not so patiently waiting for the results. My permit disappeared, but according to the many different forum entries i read in my anxious frenzy, it might not mean much... hoping we all pass :)

Scores generally come out on Wednesdays for all USMLE exams. While it's claimed that if your schedule permit goes away the Sunday before your score you passed, this hasn't been verified as far as I know. All that can be said is that you will receive your score the Wednesday after the permit disappears.

Good luck to you. I'm sure you are nervous like all of us.
I’m

thank

Me too! Passed!!! Finally!! And nothing was anywhere near borderline..good luck to all of you guys

Thank you guys for the support at this stressful time, just received my score and passed!