Step 2 CS fail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Togepi

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! First time posting

I am an AMG (MD, third year student) with a 225 on step1 who just the letter stating that I failed Step 2 CS. Naturally I am extremely shocked and upset, this came totally out of the blue for me as I never failed an exam before, including school CS stuff.

I was president of path interest group at my medical school but don't have much research experience (my first author credit for a paper is pending right now) and I went straight from undergrad to medical school so I don't have a huge pre-med resume.

I am wondering what my chances are moving forward.

Members don't see this ad.

Make sure you retake it and pass. Then all will be fine. Failed and retook, and matched to my top choice last year.

If I was a program director I wouldn’t care unless you failed it again. Just be ready for someone to ask you about the exam during your interviews. Not a big deal unless you were a foreign grad and it was because of English issues but then again I’ve never met a FMG who I couldn’t understand.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I was a program director I wouldn’t care unless you failed it again. Just be ready for someone to ask you about the exam during your interviews. Not a big deal unless you were a foreign grad and it was because of English issues but then again I’ve never met a FMG who I couldn’t understand.

Did you forget to wash your hands?

They don’t bother to break it down any further than “integrated clinical education” so I honestly can’t say what happened. I passed my school’s administration of a similar nature and did fine. And yes, I washed my hands in every room.

I was feeling great prior to this but now I can see everyone brushing me aside for that red flag. Any chance I can stay in the northeast at a top school?

Make sure you retake it and pass. Then all will be fine. Failed and retook, and matched to my top choice last year.

Your profile is set to private, but I would definitely like to message you if it’s ok with you

Make sure you knock before entering the room.
Make sure you wash your damn hands before and after.
Don't be weird.
Speak English.
They are actors...speak English.
Don't be weird with the kid actors.
Don't be weird on the phone with the mom.

Make sure you knock before entering the room.
Don't be weird.
Speak English.
They are actors...speak English.
Don't be weird with the kid actors.
Don't be weird on the phone with the mom.

Lol, just don’t be weird. Pathology=weird. Patients have a checklist based on the things you should be doing and asking.