1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Step 2-CS & Houston

Discussion in 'Step II' started by docjolly, Nov 30, 2008.

1. docjolly

docjolly On Cloud Nine, Once Again
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hi all,

I have Step II-CS coming up in a few weeks, and I'll be flying out to Houston. I'm not familiar with Houston at all, and so any info that you can give would be greatly appreciated.

What's the nearest hotel to the testing center in Houston?

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MX health

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    There is a days inn about 200 meters away from the center. Its the closest one if you will be walking, although in the CS information page about houston there is another hotel that is closer according to google maps...this is because they consider the distance to drive.

Days inn was the cheapest one as well...back in October I paid 85 dls. The other one that is closer also, they give a discount to test takers but its still more expensive.

You can get more information by googling CS houston...you'll find a prometric information page for the test center with hotels, directions and more useful info.

HOpe this helps.

3. OP
    OP
    docjolly

docjolly On Cloud Nine, Once Again
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    MX Health, thanks so very much! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rox

rox ossified
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    There's a taxi driver who takes students from the medical center to the testing center on a constant basis. He is very familiar with the area....just in case you want to stay somewhere in the med center...when is your exam? I'm taking the exam in a couple of weeks. Good luck.