Step 2 CS in Philly - which hotels?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indigoblue22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks! Can anyone who's taken CS in Philly recommend a hotel that's near the testing center? Thanks so much. :)

Members don't see this ad.

sheraton university city is right around the corner. the inn at penn is also close, but expensive

indigoblue22 said:
Hi folks! Can anyone who's taken CS in Philly recommend a hotel that's near the testing center? Thanks so much. :)

I recommend a little place called the Divine Tracy hotel...it's literally right around the corner from the CS center, is a decent place and will cost you around 50 bucks for the night!

Here's the catch...it's run by the church as a non-profit and has some unique rules: there are separate male and female floors - no co-mingling except in the lobby. You must dress conservatively. No hot food in the rooms. I stayed there and thought it was great, like a regular hotel. The people who run it are nice and there's no preaching or anything like that, just abide by the rules.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how much a one night stay at the Sheraton costs after the STEP II CS discount? The website quotes $180 w/o any discounts. Including examination fees, airfare, hotels, cab fares, I'm thinking this thing will end up costing most med students close to $1500. What a freaking joke.

that price might be right. I think the cheapest hotel in philly is probably the holiday inn express around 13th and walnut. another option is stay at an airport hotel. those are usually cheaper. the cab fare should be a flat $20 and it will take you about 15 mins non-rush hour, maybe 30-40 rush hour.

MD2b06 said:
Anyone know how much a one night stay at the Sheraton costs after the STEP II CS discount? The website quotes $180 w/o any discounts. Including examination fees, airfare, hotels, cab fares, I'm thinking this thing will end up costing most med students close to $1500. What a freaking joke.

The Sheraton is 99 dollars a night after the discount plus tax though. That was the hotel recommended for the CS.

I too was looking at the divine tracey, hotel.... was it a safe place? did you reserve you room in advance? was the night quiet...I was afraid based on the price that it was a YMCA with a religious slant. please let me know.

knitwit said:
I too was looking at the divine tracey, hotel.... was it a safe place? did you reserve you room in advance? was the night quiet...I was afraid based on the price that it was a YMCA with a religious slant. please let me know.

Very quiet, very safe and quite similar to a regular hotel. I am not of a religious persuasion and take it from me, there was no attempt to push any sort of ideology.