USMLE Step 2 CS mistakes and feedback .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tamaria

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help me please if anyone have a realistic idea or had similar situation.

I took recently my step 2 cs exam in Phila and as every one i feel like i got lots of mistakes what make me feel really bad about the result.
Exam was exhausted.
Briefly talking what devastating me are these mistakes:

1- did not ask OBGYN for some F cause were above 55 and i thought it is not important.
2- Did focused exam , but did not do CV, lung for all, if it is not card/pulmo case.
3-Forget to do Chest percussion for SP with cough.
4-I forget to counseling about drug induce stomach dz and to tell patient to not take it, but i wrote right ddx in this case.
5-One case , last one was vague , i tried to figure out what the cause but only few symptoms i found, did mini + neuro for it, not really sure about it, really worry about it.
6-PN: I didn't accomplish 2 of them , did wrote full PE the other messed up with ddx
7-Interrupted politely one patient that he talked for 1 min after my question so couldn't take notes.

So, i am really worry more about my ICE skills part.
What i did good was:
1 Introduce my self, patient name, my name , knock the door.
2 ask if they feel comfortable, showed empathy ( maybe too much) , helped to change position during PE.
3 try to answer all their questions as much as i could.
4 washed my hands always. smiled where it is possible , not too much in acute pain cases. did eye contact.
5 Performed mostly focused exam.
6 talked slowly, tried to explain what could be the cause of their symptoms in a simple way.
7 Always finished on time or 1 min before except 1st case was nervous.
8 did conseling .
9 didn't reillicit painful points again.
10- I asked additional questions during PE.

SPs were really good and cooperative ,but the atmosphere in the exam makes you feel the somehow strange..
Thank you in advance , and wish me good luck please .

Members don't see this ad.

Help me please if anyone have a realistic idea or had similar situation.

I took recently my step 2 cs exam in Phila and as every one i feel like i got lots of mistakes what make me feel really bad about the result.
Exam was exhausted.
Briefly talking what devastating me are these mistakes:

1- did not ask OBGYN for some F cause were above 55 and i thought it is not important.
2- Did focused exam , but did not do CV, lung for all, if it is not card/pulmo case.
3-Forget to do Chest percussion for SP with cough.
4-I forget to counseling about drug induce stomach dz and to tell patient to not take it, but i wrote right ddx in this case.
5-One case , last one was vague , i tried to figure out what the cause but only few symptoms i found, did mini + neuro for it, not really sure about it, really worry about it.
6-PN: I didn't accomplish 2 of them , did wrote full PE the other messed up with ddx
7-Interrupted politely one patient that he talked for 1 min after my question so couldn't take notes.

So, i am really worry more about my ICE skills part.
What i did good was:
1 Introduce my self, patient name, my name , knock the door.
2 ask if they feel comfortable, showed empathy ( maybe too much) , helped to change position during PE.
3 try to answer all their questions as much as i could.
4 washed my hands always. smiled where it is possible , not too much in acute pain cases. did eye contact.
5 Performed mostly focused exam.
6 talked slowly, tried to explain what could be the cause of their symptoms in a simple way.
7 Always finished on time or 1 min before except 1st case was nervous.
8 did conseling .
9 didn't reillicit painful points again.
10- I asked additional questions during PE.

SPs were really good and cooperative ,but the atmosphere in the exam makes you feel the somehow strange..
Thank you in advance , and wish me good luck please .

i got my result this wed and i did pass. i would like to give u sum feed back may be will help u.
i m just posting my mistakes.
i had almost 2 vague cases. as my typing speed is slow so was not able to writ all 3 d/d for most cases but i did write 2 with full + findings and labs for all cases.
i did mostly focused but whenever i feel i have time i listened to heart and lungs.
obgyn i didn't take alot for more then 50 just esp if if complaint is irrelevant.
but my ice was borderline all rest above average. good luck