Step 2 CS - need help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rajshah

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there
I'm a FMG and have passed my written exams and am facing the dreaded step 2 CS.
I feel really nervous about this....more than I did for step 1 and step 2 CK.
Is it hard? what if the actor actually has a sign e.g. a murmur or a hard knobbly liver?
Is it mainly medical and surgical scenarios or do they throw in a lot of Peds, O&G or Psych?
How on earth can you do a full history and exam in like 15 mins along with keeping up with all the politeness? esp in Psych.
What if you feel like a toilet in the middle of the exam?
Do different centres have different pass rates?
What are my best resources for revision? - someone has recommended First Aid (to anybody out there First Aid is brilliant for step 1)
Where can I get information on where is best to stay just before the exam?
Any advice will be very much appreciated
Apologies for the list of questions - I get like this when I'm nervous (hope it doesn't happen in the actual exam)
Many thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Rajshah said:
Hi there
Is it hard? what if the actor actually has a sign e.g. a murmur or a hard knobbly liver?
Is it mainly medical and surgical scenarios or do they throw in a lot of Peds, O&G or Psych?
How on earth can you do a full history and exam in like 15 mins along with keeping up with all the politeness? esp in Psych.
What are my best resources for revision? - someone has recommended First Aid (to anybody out there First Aid is brilliant for step 1)
Apologies for the list of questions - I get like this when I'm nervous (hope it doesn't happen in the actual exam)
Many thanks

Try purchasing First Aid Step 2 CS. It will have many of your answers in that book. All centers will be standardized for passing.

As to where to stay, it depends on which center you have chosen to take the test at.

Rajshah said:
Hi there
Many thanks

you do a list of question when you are nervous? then you should be nervous during exam day that way you dont forget about all the questions you have to make!! (joke).

Now to the serious part. Buy First Aid 2CS, if you read that book and do all the practice cases you shouldnt worry about anything. They even have peds practice cases.

And another thing, USMLE sends you a CD for your computer so you can practice your notes in a computer setting, practice!! practice!! practice!! If you do all the cases that FA have in writting and computer you are gonna be automatic the day of the test!

Good luck!!

they sent you a cd? crap i never got one, i'm taking the exam in august....anychance you could mail it to me if you still have it? thanks bro

mig26x said:
you do a list of question when you are nervous? then you should be nervous during exam day that way you dont forget about all the questions you have to make!! (joke).

Now to the serious part. Buy First Aid 2CS, if you read that book and do all the practice cases you shouldnt worry about anything. They even have peds practice cases.

And another thing, USMLE sends you a CD for your computer so you can practice your notes in a computer setting, practice!! practice!! practice!! If you do all the cases that FA have in writting and computer you are gonna be automatic the day of the test!

Good luck!!

all the stuff on the CD is available on their website, good luck
i never got the cd either