Step 2 CS percentile bars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metview

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many * do you need in the high performance section to pass? Just one or more in the high performance than in the lower performance?

Members don't see this ad.

Unless they recently changed it, you have to pass all 3 sections. It isn't the average of getting stars in high and stars in low.

I mean for each individual section.

For example, to pass the ICE portion, how many * do you need in the higher performance section? Just one * in higher performance? Or do you need more * in the higher performance than in the lower performance to pass ICE?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the most subjective standardized test I've ever encountered or heard of. No one really knows. It seems to vary with every reporting period. Sometimes people pass with 6 x's in the lower performance category, other times I've seen someone fail with 3 x's.

Study First Aid, go in to every encounter with a plan, write the note like you've practiced. US students have a 95%+ pass rate, IMGs are still in 70s/80s

Step 2 CS is absolute thievery. Never felt more taken advantage of in my entire life. It is because of this exam that I regret ever pursuing a career in medicine.

How many * do you need in the high performance section to pass? Just one or more in the high performance than in the lower performance?

You need to pass all three sections. I mentioned this elsewhere, but I believe you need to take middle asterisk and determine where it is. No one knows for certain though. The test is BS. I'd rather just have them assign a numeric score and have us gun for this like a real board exam. It'd be a lot less stressful for sure.

Last edited: