Step 2 CS results...LA site

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pedsdude23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the CS exam in LA on Jan 15 and i haven't received my result yet. Has anyone who took the exam at the LA site in Jan received their results yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I took my test in LA on January 11 and have not received my results yet. I checked the USMLE website yesterday, and the score report had not even been mailed yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone getting results from Atlanta in early-mid February yet?

took it in atlanta 1/16, results mailed 3/30, still waiting?

How long from the mailed date does it take to get the results? Where do they mail it from?

swedcrip said:
took it in atlanta 1/16, results mailed 3/30, still waiting?

How long from the mailed date does it take to get the results? Where do they mail it from?

hey,
I called NBME just now because my scores were also suppsoedly released on 3/30 and havent been received by me. [i took it in philly]. Apparently, they had a "technical problem" for scores released on 3/30 and will re-send them sometime this week. So hang tight and best of luck:)

GOtta love this new exam!

posternutbag said:
hey,
I called NBME just now because my scores were also suppsoedly released on 3/30 and havent been received by me. [i took it in philly]. Apparently, they had a "technical problem" for scores released on 3/30 and will re-send them sometime this week. So hang tight and best of luck:)

GOtta love this new exam!

thanks. I can understand how they might not be able to afford getting the scores out :)

This doesn't help if I have to repeat it! How many more days of this year can they cause me anxiety (already thinking the last few days it might arrive)?

swedcrip said:
thanks. I can understand how they might not be able to afford getting the scores out :)

This doesn't help if I have to repeat it! How many more days of this year can they cause me anxiety (already thinking the last few days it might arrive)?

Trust me, I can relate completely.

If it´s just a problem with the postal service, you can call your registrar´s office, since they get the results electronically. But if the NBME is taking forever to "standardize" the scoring on this accursed test, you´re stuck. I took it on 2/17 (Chicago) and the results were released 3/31.

Took CS in Philly 1st week of March. Scores "Released" Mar 30, but did not arrive until today b/c apparently there was some screw up with the reports, although they refused to admit that when I called about my lost score report two days ago. Found out from my school that I passed. Apparently US schools can access that info -was a big relief!

Took CS on 2/26 in Houston, results released 3/30, and received them today...thankfully i passed that thing!!

I took a few days after you did, also in Houston. No idea when the results were released, but I got them in the mail today. Passed, THANK GOODNESS! What a waste of $1000.

But I'm concerned for my friend. She's positive she failed (long story, and it IS possible) because she did things "out of order". She's a US 4th year, so shouldn't normally have any problems. But, four students at her school (including an AOA) failed. The problem is that her school requires her to PASS before graduation. She just took it a week ago, so if she gets a FAIL, she won't have time to retake it and they won't release her diploma and she won't be able to move and start residency. I'm thinking positive, but it will be awful if she fails...

for a foreign student, it was $1200. What a monumental waste of money. I can understand keeping the old CSA for us foreigners to weed out the completely clueless, but I sympathise with you guys for having to go through the whole day and shelling out the cash for nothing.

Man, I'm an M4 and I still haven't taken this damn Step 2 CS. At first, I was going to take it cold, but reading other's experience, I don't think that's wise. Anybody want to sell me their used FA Step2 CS or the Kaplan Step 2 CS? money is super tight for me right now. I can pay through paypal.

I made a typo earlier.

Took it in Atlanta 2/16. They say report sent 3/30. But of course they probably had "technical problems" and sent it Monday. Got it today, 4/7.

You can definitely make several mistakes and pass. One time the patient asked me a question while I was on the way to washing my hands. So I answered the question and then forgot to wash. A couple times I told the patient I'd get a x-ray or something and then forget it in the write-up. My handwriting was extra-bad that day so I'm actually surprised they deciphered it all. I think it all comes down to scoring enough points in each of the 3 sections. And for each patient certain things counts as points. First Aid is very good in that they show you the checklist of questions you gotta ask. If you consistently ask the main questions from First Aid I think you'll pass the gathering portion. Be nice to the patients no matter what crap they say and you should pass that section. On the write-ups I'd suggest starting with the differential and treatment. It helped me to make notes about these 2 when I was doing the H&P. I made small notes about all questions on the H&P too and just wrote it out quick based on the order I asked questions. Several times I'd then go back and remember differential/treatment stuff while copying over the H&P. Never took notes on the physical. On the H&P I reported very few poistive finidngs (basically only the huge obvious findings you'd have for the diagnosis). First Aid helped for that part of the write-up too. I'd guess most everyone had the same physical exam results except for a couple of pains that went with the diagnoses. No patient completely confounded me, maybe that would put you at risk of failing. Don't sweat little errors and forgetting things here and there. Everything is probably just one little point out of a big total and you don't need anywhere near a 100% to pass.

I took this step 2 bs in february and still no results. Hopefully they aren't taking extra long because they are trying to decide whether or not I failed. I really hope I passed!

I took the exam in LA Mar.12th. I was actually hoping I'd get the results in about 5 weeks (based on how it has been for a lot of people). Reading about all the other stories, it makes me think it might just be a long painful wait.

Just wondering, anyone who took the exam in LA in March (or late Feb) have their results reported yet?