Step 2 CS spelling mistakes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strive01

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you fail step 2 CS due to spelling mistakes? I am tend to make a ton of spelling mistakes when I type fast and almost always take up the whole time for writing the note so dont have time to go back over it

Members don't see this ad.

If the person grading your PN can't understand it then you can possibly lose some points. Practice your typing. There are a lot resources online that can help you.

Can you fail step 2 CS due to spelling mistakes? I am tend to make a ton of spelling mistakes when I type fast and almost always take up the whole time for writing the note so dont have time to go back over it
Step 2 CS is an not an English test or a medicine test but it's vastly a communication test. Think of your note as the only way to communicate your findings/plans to the attending. It's understandable that everyone will spell some words incorrectly when trying to finish a note in 10 minutes. But if you tend to spell half of the words incorrectly, it's time to practice some spelling.

Reactions: 1 user