Step 2 CS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Futuredoc1364

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I am a third year med student and I got a quick question about the CS exam 😀. I just signed up for step 2 CS for Friday Aug. 13, 2010 (Friday the 13th:scared:). I think it takes about 3-4 weeks for the results to be released? Am not sure though.

My step 1 score was 224 and I am already planning on taking July off to study for the CK and take it at the end of July and hopefully do SUPER well. 😉 At my school we have to submit our fourth year schedule by the end of Jan. so I am thinking about taking my radiology sub-I in August. From what I hear from fourth years at my school, the radiology sub-I is not necessarily a challenging rotation considering that as students we don't know that much. But I still want to make sure that I appear quite knowledgeable since I will need to ask for a letter during that rotation. But I still need to take one day off for CS and I will probably need to study for it a bit too. The fourth years at my school said a couple of hours is fine lol...

I was wondering whether it really matters if my step 2 CS score may not be in by Sept. 1. I was trying to sign up for Friday Aug. 6 but that date was already filled when I logged in this morning. 🙄 There are still other days available before the 13th and honestly it doesn't really matter if it is not a Friday because the center is only about 1 hour and 45 mins from my place driving so I could go any day. Of course Fridays are best since you have the weekend off. I just don't know if it really matters that much when I take the CS as long as it is sometime in Aug. and I pass :laugh:. I am asking this b/c I know my step 1 score was below avg. for radiology and I heard that for an applicant like myself I should strive to have as many things in as possible by Sept. 1 but I still wasn't sure if the CS scheduling is worth stressing about.

Thanks. 😎
 
Last edited:
Sorry I just found out that the earliest reporting date for the test period I chose for CS is Oct. 13 so it really doesn't matter when I take it in Aug. I guess I should have done this research earlier so I apologize. 😳