Step 2 for interviews (FREIDA)

Started by minwoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

minwoo

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Made a 248 on Step 1 and currently have my Step 2 scheduled for the end of September as I am doing aways from now until the end of August. I recently logged onto FRIEDA and noticed that a good number of programs (Georgetown, Florida, Chicago, Mayo, Einstein, UNC, Wake, Oregon, VCU) require a Step 2 score not just for ranking but even for interviews. I was always told that a decent Step 1 score would suffice for receiving interviews and that I just needed to take Step 2 for ranking purposes. Is it the trend now that more programs are requiring Step 2 for interviews?
 
Where are you viewing that information? I just checked the FRIEDA profile and program website for a few of those schools and can't find that information.
 
I interviewed at Georgetown, Florida, UNC, and Oregon last year without reporting a step 2 score... I ranked all of them and step 2 score never came up. Either things have changed a lot, or you have bad info.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It might be useful to check the program's website and see if you can find something in the FAQs or requirements section.