Step II Step 2 in 3 weeks - Need Advice

Started by ucladukes
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ucladukes

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I am at that point where I don't think I will be able to get in everything I want before the test, so I have to cut some things, but am not sure what. I was wondering if any of you have taken the Step 2 had any thoughts.

I have already done about 1100 of Kaplan's Q Bank
I have done 200 of USMLE World

In the next three weeks I wanted to:

Finish USMLE World - 100q's/day
Take both NMBE self assessments
Do NMS Step II Book - 5 tests

Obviously, not enough time to do that all.
I have heard good things about the NMS book so I was wondering if it was a good idea to cut back on USMLE world Q's to accomodate NMS and the Self assessments. Basically, I would end up doing only 1100-1400 of the USMLE world Q/s.

My goal is to do really well (240+), not just pass.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance for any advice/input
 
ucladukes said:
Hi everyone,

I am at that point where I don't think I will be able to get in everything I want before the test, so I have to cut some things, but am not sure what. I was wondering if any of you have taken the Step 2 had any thoughts.

I have already done about 1100 of Kaplan's Q Bank
I have done 200 of USMLE World

In the next three weeks I wanted to:

Finish USMLE World - 100q's/day
Take both NMBE self assessments
Do NMS Step II Book - 5 tests

Obviously, not enough time to do that all.
I have heard good things about the NMS book so I was wondering if it was a good idea to cut back on USMLE world Q's to accomodate NMS and the Self assessments. Basically, I would end up doing only 1100-1400 of the USMLE world Q/s.

My goal is to do really well (240+), not just pass.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance for any advice/input


Try posting in the Step 2 and 3 subforum.