Step 2 Qbank??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gulliver

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it any good? I've heard it's not as good a prep as the step 1 qbank is? Anyone use it? Find it useful? bad? Do please tell.

Members don't see this ad.

get the usmleworld q-bank. cheaper, more difficult and better explanations. it was a bit discouraging at first, but it gets you in the habit of reading carefully and fighting for every point. and, the explanations are great. step 2 actually seemed pretty straightforward when i compared it to usmleworld qbank.

neilc said:
get the usmleworld q-bank. cheaper, more difficult and better explanations. it was a bit discouraging at first, but it gets you in the habit of reading carefully and fighting for every point. and, the explanations are great. step 2 actually seemed pretty straightforward when i compared it to usmleworld qbank.
Thanks neilc. How much does the usmleworld qbank cost?

Gulliver said:
Thanks neilc. How much does the usmleworld qbank cost?

i think $89 for 1 month. go to usmleworld.com and they will have prices for you

Members don't see this ad :)
neilc said:
i think $89 for 1 month. go to usmleworld.com and they will have prices for you
Thanks, I decided to go with usmleworld. I don't like what I'm hearing about kaplan step 2 and I wasn't super impressed with them for step 1 either. I'll post what it's like after I've tried it a bit.

I'm curious to hear what others think of QBank for Step 2. Especially since I've already paid for it. :mad:

Koko said:
I'm curious to hear what others think of QBank for Step 2. Especially since I've already paid for it. :mad:
I used qbank for step 2 and found it to be helpful....there are fewer questions (like 1000 ish) than for step 1, but they seemed to be generally representative of my experience on the real thing. good luck koko!

I thought qbank was great for step 2; probably even more representative of the real thing than was step 1 qbank.

74%qbank, 245 step 2

use it, its a great resource!

Thanks klubguts and scootad. I feel a bit better now.

i haven't heard bad things about q-bank, but i have heard far better things about usmleworld. i really liked it because it was so much harder than the real thing. it really made me fight for each question, which is a good habit to get into. my correlation was 63% overall, 234/95.

you really can't go wrong with kaplan. they are experts in the field of test prep. so, don't worry if you have them.

neilc said:
i haven't heard bad things about q-bank, but i have heard far better things about usmleworld. i really liked it because it was so much harder than the real thing. it really made me fight for each question, which is a good habit to get into. my correlation was 63% overall, 234/95.

you really can't go wrong with kaplan. they are experts in the field of test prep. so, don't worry if you have them.

Thanks - I never even heard of USMLEWORLD until after I shelled out the $$$ for Kaplan. Congtrats on your score.

Koko said:
Thanks - I never even heard of USMLEWORLD until after I shelled out the $$$ for Kaplan. Congtrats on your score.
All I heard was that the questions were a bit easier than the real thing, but most people say they found it helpful anyway. Good luck, koko :)