STEP 2 Question... need help

Started by tiffin25
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tiffin25

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys,

i got a really important question. i was orignially planning on taking my step 2 at end of oct, but due to various reasons, i would like to take it at the end of jan. (my step 1 is 90th percentile)

the only problem is, on my application i said that i was planning on taking STEP 2 in oct. will schools wait for my scores? will they hold it against me? etc.

look forward to replies... hope all is well
 
tiffin25 said:
hey guys,

i got a really important question. i was orignially planning on taking my step 2 at end of oct, but due to various reasons, i would like to take it at the end of jan. (my step 1 is 90th percentile)

the only problem is, on my application i said that i was planning on taking STEP 2 in oct. will schools wait for my scores? will they hold it against me? etc.

look forward to replies... hope all is well

They won't hold it against you. Things change. If they feel you are a marginal candidate (marginal for the program that is), they will likely wait for your score before deciding whether or not to rank you and how high to rank you. Obviously, if your score does not come in until after the deadline for institutions to submit their rank list, they will go on what they have in front of them.

You have to look at your grades and evaluations and make that judgement for yourself.