Step 2 question

Started by Celsus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Celsus

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My school doesn't start 4th year until september. We have a 3 week break between then end of 3rd year and the 4th year. I was planning to take my step 2 in this break but I discovered that the programs I am doing aways at in sept and october are on a different calander and now I will only have a 2 week break. So my question is should I rush and take it in august still or wait until november when I have a whole month of and will be starting interviews? I have an average step 1 score and was wondering how big of a hit I will take if I wait until november. Any thoughts? Thanks
 
Depends on what your "average" Step 1 score is, and which programs you want. Is your Step 1 above their cutoff??? Waiting till November shouldn't hurt you.
 
You probably won't take a hit but, looking back on it now I wished I would have taken my Step II in between third and fourth year (we only had a two week break). It would have made studying easier since third year was so fresh in my memory.

I also feel that waiting to take it might have been good since most of fourth year is a big joke and you don't have to use too much of your brain. Having to re-learn/review everything for step II refreshed my memory.

Bottom line, do what you feel is best. There is no magic answer.