Step 2 required at Harvard programs?

Started by rdubbs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rdubbs

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the early stages of organizing my fourth year schedule and I intend to take step 2 after interviews. For those who have applied, could you plesase tell me if step 2 is required at MGH/BI/BW? Thanks

-R
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I have 4 months free. Program rank lists come out in February right? What about taking January off with plans to take the test in late Jan? Is it a bad idea to be studying during interview season? Thanks.
 
most people at my school do it in november or december. harvard is not the protagonist here, rather ucsf has some mandate that people can't be ranked if their step 2 isn't taken. i don't know if you have to just take it or get your score back before they rank you.
 
Most places seem to rank around late January/early February.

Scores take 3 weeks to get back so I would take it latest the first week of January.