Step 2 review books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superoxide

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im beginning my first rotation in jan 2007 and would like to know which of the following is the BEST review book for step 2 CK:

1) FA
2) secrets
3) crush
4) boards and wards
5) blueprints
6) other

i want to get just one (maybe two) review books. which one/s do u recommend i get?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I like First Aid, as it's thorough yet relatively concise and easy to read. I do not like Crush and Secrets, as they are too general. I wouldn't recommend individual Blueprints for each section (too lengthy). I am not famiilar w B and W.

I heard lots of great things about Crush and thought that it was good, but I preferred FA. Crush presents information in paragraphs and sentences. FA is more list-like and for me that was better. It is really a personal preference, but either of those two should be enough for you to do well on the exam.

Even though I think Crush and Secrets are poor resources, I have heard of many people (including quite a few on these forums) who used Crush or Secrets and did well on Step 2 CK! Most of these examinees used UW to add to their preparation.

Members don't see this ad :)
For rotation, I used FA for internal meds, and blue prints for peds and ob/gyn. And others, I don't really remeber if I depended on 1 book.
For step 2, I've used Crush, while doing the ?'s (UW) and writing notes. The book is short, and easy read. So I could read cover to cover couple times before the test.

For rotation, I used FA for internal meds, and blue prints for peds and ob/gyn. And others, I don't really remeber if I depended on 1 book.
For step 2, I've used Crush, while doing the ?'s (UW) and writing notes. The book is short, and easy read. So I could read cover to cover couple times before the test.

I felt that the kaplan books and videos were excellent, with the UW questions, and then after reading those resources Crush and BandW were good. But i dont think that crush and Band W should be the only thing you read.