Step 2 schedule - Anesthesia-specific

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

undisturbed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Short version - Applying this year, debating taking the step 2 in february and wondering which programs have an unstated step 2-to-rank policy. I know about UCSF and some others from reading websites and other threads.

Long version:
I'm thinking about delaying my step 2 ck until February. I know there are several programs that require a step 2 score to rank you, but I have not found one that I am truly interested in that also requires it. I have searched through residency programs websites and the only ones that I have found that specifically require it are:

UCSF
VCU
Apparently Oklahoma requires it to, from looking at prior threads.

I have gotten the impression, however, that some programs don't specifically state they require it but won't rank you without it anyways. Since I'm happy with the interviews I have received so far but don't want any surprises, I'm wondering if people can contribute names of programs that they have been told do require the score to rank you.

Other details:
Before people ask: 1. Soon-to-be US grad (MD). 2. Step 1 score is fine (I'm having difficulty scheduling interviews in the few months we have, not getting them). 3. I'm sure I'll pass the step 2 w/o problems. 4. Yes, I realize this question a small deal in the big scheme of things. 5. I love anesthesia and can't wait for my CA-1 year regardless of where I get to go.

Members don't see this ad.