Step I Step 2 score transmission after interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

timmyjhype

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am an idiot.

I have obtained 9 interviews in general surgery. I selected "YES" by mistake to retransmission of USMLE scores. I just took step 2 and got a 204. My score on step 1 was 219. This means that the programs where I have interviews already will see my crappy step 2 score. Will this score severely damage my application or will the programs tend to overlook it as most applicants don't even submit step 2 scores? Does the fact that I have interviews already make a difference in this situation? I didn't study very hard for it and I just shouldn't have selected "YES" for retransmission.

I'm interviewing at Duke, Wash U, Columbia, Chicago, Brown, and some other medium places.

I need some serious consolation....
 
According to what I've heard and read, Step 1 scores are considered more important than Step 2 scores for surgery residencies. They are also probably more of a screening tool, so since you've already gotten the interviews at strong programs based on your Step 1 score, focus on impressing them in person and you should be fine.
 
Given the difference in the means on the exams....isn't a 219 on step 1 kinda the same as a 204 on step 2? i.e. isn't the mean on step 2 around 15 points lower than on step 1?