Step 2 soon after Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anti-PD1

Brain/Spine/Nerves
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finished MS3, and recently took Step 1.

I was thinking it would be best to take Step 2 soon, perhaps in about 2 months before I start Sub-Is. Is this advisable? I heard Step 2 was leaning more toward basic science in the past year, not so much so, but enough to be noticeable, so I thought I might as well use all this hard earned knowledge and tackle it.

Members don't see this ad.

It totally makes sense. I am currently studying for CK and Step 1 knowledge is definitely hepful ( Micro, Pharm, biostats, genetic disorders, hem/onc, endocrin) and 2 months schould be perfect.

Reactions: 1 user
I took a research year after MS3. I'm wondering what the best approach is for me, for Step 2. Should I just start UWorld, or read all the case files books again?

Kinda hart to say. Depends on your goal. Let´s assume 255+. If you have time I would do MTB2 or Fa or Case files for 10-15 days to get an understanding of what they want in CK. Then I would do Kaplan or Rx and then Uworld. If you are in very good shape you can probably skip Kaplan/Rx Qbank. But whats wrong with doing 1000 q in 15 days to get familiar with the questions etc and then conitnue with Uworld.

Members don't see this ad :)