Step 2 Study Buddy Megathread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmmcdowe

Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the interest of making SDN a more helpful place, we have decided to create a megathread to make it easier for users to find people to study with. In the past, these types of threads were moved to the Classifieds Forum, but we felt they were quickly drowned out by the ads there. As such, we've created this thread!

Some helpful things to include in your post:
1) Test Date: Month & Year
2) Location: City, State, Country
3) Stage of Studying: Beginning ---> Content Review ---> Practice Tests (whatever you want to put here)
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online or In-person or Either. USMLE or COMLEX. CS or CK.
5) Goal of Study Buddy: ex. Review, Motivation, Questions, etc.
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: ex. FT job or FT student, etc

Reminders:
- This thread is NOT to be used to buy/sell materials - report it if you see it.
- This thread is NOT to be used to advertise/spam - report it if you see it.
- Be sure to check this thread often!

If you find someone that could be a good match, reply to their message here & PM them too! Do NOT post private/personal information on this thread! Be cautious when disclosing personal information and if you do not know someone meet new study buddies in safe, public places.

We hope this helps. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1) Test Date: Mid-July 2019
2) Location: Northeastern PA, USA
3) Stage of Studying: Content review, recently finished required PE prep course at my school
4) Type of Study Buddy: In-person
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Simulate practice cases, practice SOAP notes for COMLEX Level 2 PE, exchange helpful advice
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: Currently on study block, so relatively flexible schedule

If you're a DO student in the NEPA area prepping for Level 2 PE and want to simulate practice cases + SOAP notes together, feel free to send me a PM. Thank you!

1) Test Date: Aug 3rd 2019
2) Location: Boston, MA, USA
3) Stage of Studying: Content review;
4) Type of Study Buddy: In-person/ Online
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Practice cases together for USMLE step 2 CS
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: I'm free on mornings and evenings/ weekends

1. Test date: 18 Dec 2019
2. Location: San Diego (currently doing observerships in other locations)
3. Stage of studying: Just finished step 1, starting on step 2 cs
4. Type of study buddy: In person/online
5. Goal of study buddy: to review cases for step 2 cs
6. Misc info: IMG

Members don't see this ad :)
1) Test Date: Mid-Nov 2019
2) Location: Boston MA, USA
3) Stage of Studying: Begining stage of doing uworld blockes
4) Type of Study Buddy: online - add me on Skype USMLE Steps Step1, prefereing female SP
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Do uworld with explanation
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: Currently on study uworld block, subject wise

1. Test Date: Sept 30th. 2019
2. Location: Miami, FL
3. Stage of Studying: 2nd review of UW. Intermediate stage.
4. Type of Study Buddy: prefer in person but online is fine too.
5. Goal of Study Buddy: Do UW subject wise to help retain info
6. Misc Info: Available mornings from 6AM to 11AM to study Mon-Thur

1) Test Date: September 30th
2) Location: Chicago USA(preferably Forest Park IL)
3) Stage of Studying:Content Review Step 2 cs
4) Type of Study Buddy: In person
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Step 2 cs prep from the ground up

Interested parties PM.

1) Test Date: Jan 2020
2) My current Location: Boulder, Colorado
3) Stage of Studying:
not a beginner
4) Type of Study Buddy: In-person study partner for USMLE Step 2 CS in Denver/Longmont/Aurora/Westminster
5) Goal of Study Buddy: practicing cases from knocking at the door to leaving the room
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: best time for me is 9am-3pm

1) Test Date: Planned Jan 2020
2) Location: Brooklyn, New York
3) Stage of Studying: Beginning, trying to practice cases together
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online or In-person. USMLE Step 2 CS
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Keep each other accountable and practice cases
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: Available all week and flexible timing.

Please PM me if interested and are in NYC/NJ area!

1) Test Date: Dec 2019
2) Location: Canada
3) Stage of Studying: Refining approach (getting close to test date)
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online for USMLE Step 2 CS
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Get familiar with timing and simulate cases in a format as close to the exam as possible
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: Available most evenings and weekends

Please PM me if interested!

1) Test Date: Apr 2020
2) My current Location: Roosevelt Island, NY
3) Stage of Studying: Retake
4) Type of Study Buddy: In-person study partner for USMLE Step 2 CS
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Practicing cases from knocking at the door to leaving the room
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: After 5 pm weekdays and anytime in weekends

1) Test Date: April 6th 2020
2) Location: a) Europe b) Philadelphia
3) Stage: Beginner (now) - will be at the final stages of preparation when in Philadelphia
4) Type of Study Buddy: a) Online partner b) In-person partner in Philadelphia to practice cases during the days leading up to the exam
5) Goal of Study Buddy: a) Online - come up with a detailed study plan together, practice cases and patient note via Skype b) In-person - practice cases from start to finish in the days leading up to the exam
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: a) Online - european time zones preferred, but not necessary if we manage to work out a plan that fits us both b) In-person - must be dedicated, in the final stages of his/her preparation and able to practice for the majority of the day

Anybody in LA right now and scheduled to take the CS tomorrow?
I am an IMG staying 3 blocks from the test center right now. I would like to talk w somebody in the same boat to give support to each other.

1) Test Date: July 2020 (Step 2 CK)
2) Location: Singapore
3) Stage of Studying: Beginning
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online
5) Goal of Study Buddy: To come up with a study plan, review questions/difficult topics/NBMEs,motivate each other:)
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: Full-time doctor in Singapore, will be available on weeknights and weekends (pls mind the timezone change)

Good luck everyone!:)

1) Test Date: May, 2020 (STEP 2 CS)
2) Location: Dallas, TX or Atlanta, GA
3) Stage of Studying:
Content review finished, PE prep course finished at my school, needs in-person simulation of real exam (AMG)
4) Type of Study Buddy: In-person
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Simulate practice cases
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: Flexible schedule

1) Test Date: July (STEP 2 CS)
2 Location: Arizona
3) Stage of study: practice cases
4) Type of Study Buddy: Face time
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Simulate practice cases
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: Flexible scheduleI

1) Test Date: July 20ish, 2020 (step 2 CK)
2) Location: New York
3) Stage of Studying: expert - I studied for 3 month for step 2 CK from January to March. I tested 271 on NBME 6 and 265 on NBME 7 in March... was about to take CK in March except it was CANCELLED due to coronavirus crisis. I then took a break in month of April. It is early May and I would like to resume my studying with someone so I don't forget everything. Also it is incredibly boring at home because I have been off rotation for so long! Would love to talk medicine with someone.
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online on Zoom due to coronavirus.
Since I have studied for so long for step 2 CK, I will be happy to go over questions and concepts with you on Zoom.
5) Goal of Study Buddy: Motivation, Social hangout, Review content + questions (my weakest subject is obgyn)
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other:
I would want daily Zoom meeting every day to feel motivated in May and July. ~30 minutes each day. But if you want longer, I am down also!
I am a very relaxed person and I want this experience to be low anxiety for both of us. It's very important that we can get along socially.

My upcoming schedule
May 4 to May 31 - completely free, I need to write a research report but otherwise I am free to study full time
June 1 to June 28 - as of right now, I will have subinternship in medicine. I plan to keep reviewing medicine content on rotation, and I plan to keep in touch with you as much as possible.
June 28 to July 20ish - completely free, will use this time to study for step 2 CK to ensure I get a high score.

Please contact me on SDN and I will share my phone number with you. Let's talk further on video chatting
Other information: I love video games and I have PS4, xbox, and just bought a switch for Animal Crossing. Could be great ice breaker

Kittycat
Hey Are you still looking for a study buddy? I am available if you still are!

1) Test Date: taking CK late feb 2021
2) Location: new york
3) Stage of Studying: Beginning
4) Type of Study Buddy: Online
5) Goal of Study Buddy: motivation, accountability, review, social connection
6) Misc Info/Obligations/Other: on research year

I spend most of my spare time netflixing and playing animal crossing, also enjoy board games. Looking for some accountability for studying and a social connection given lack of opportunities to go out!