Step II Step 2 Study Resources

Started by WuMedic
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WuMedic

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all: Hopefully this is a quick question:

I'm going to start studying for Step 2 and have 5 weeks off in which to do it. My goal was to take 4 weeks to study, and then the last week to relax before starting my away rotations. I plan on doing DIT as it really helped me in the last go around.

That being said, I am wondering if I should go with Step-Up to Step 2 or First Aid as my primary book resource. I know that DIT references Step-up so I'm not sure if that's more reason to go with it or less reason. I think I should be able to finish either book in that time, but I'm just curious as to what others think about it.

FWIW: at my school, the class last year used FA more than they did Step-up. I've taken a look at pages of both, and I'm ok with the format of both though FA I think might be easier for me to read by just a bit. FA also appears to be longer (but this does not always mean more comprehensive!).

Any opinions would be appreciated!