Step II Step 2 test appt start time 10 am?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chicamedica

1K Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So there seem to be options for scheduling my step 2 test appointment to start at 10 am (instead of 8 am). Tempting, since the center is kinda far away and it would be nice to get some sleep that day. But since the test is 9 hours long, that means it would finish up at 7 pm. I'm just wondering. . .since the test center closes at 5 pm, will I get kicked out 2 hours before the end of my test?
 
chicamedica said:
So there seem to be options for scheduling my step 2 test appointment to start at 10 am (instead of 8 am). Tempting, since the center is kinda far away and it would be nice to get some sleep that day. But since the test is 9 hours long, that means it would finish up at 7 pm. I'm just wondering. . .since the test center closes at 5 pm, will I get kicked out 2 hours before the end of my test?
Most centers have certain days of the week with late hours, therefore you can take a test starting at 8am, 10am, or sometimes even 12/12:30pm. They likely wouldn'r schedule a test that late unless it was one of thier late days, but you never know w/ prometric so I suggest calling them to be sure... that's what I did.

Good luck!
~Bean