Step 2 this friday freaking out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mgobovic

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been reviewing my notes & texts and answering questions from Qbank and the NMS book. My Qbank are averaging 74-78 randomized with the occasional score in the 80's or 90's (not too many of those) and my NMS scores are crap they're all been between 62-66. I know people are probably sick of these kinds of posts asking about the correlation between QBank and Step 2 scores but I'm really nervous. Although I suppose it's in god's hands now since I'm taking it in 5 days.

Members don't see this ad.

nobody is sick of this crap.. we all have this type of anxiety.. thats what this discussion forum is for..
sooo.. I dont have an extensive experience in this, but from what I do know. . I know someone that had a 65 cumulative on Kaplan Qbank, ended up with 90 2 digit, and someone with a 70 cumulative, ended up with a 93 two digit, sorry I dont remember the 3 digit scores. However if you are consistently scoring well, then you should be fine.. NMS can be esp frustrating.. esp the matching sections in orthapedics.. sheesh! all of the different types of fractures, and match 3 to 5 things about each one? give us a break.. however I have heard pretty good things about the following Qbanks -
Kaplan Qbank - easy but closest to the real deal, supposedly covers the topics well
USMLEWorld Qbank - also very highly rated, requires a good time commitment
NMS - again good
Sounds like you rounding the last lap.. and things are going very very well.. good luck to you! :thumbup:

don't worry you'll do fine.
you are definitely scoring to do well it looks.
i'll let you all know when my score comes out.

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! Got my Step 2 scores in less than a month just in time for my bday. 246/99. <Doing the happy dance> Hopefully this will make up for the 204 on Step 1. Now to send off my applications and keep my fingers crossed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah like StinkyCat err SmellyCat said, you will be fine!