Step II step 2 timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

turkeyjerky

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i'm figuring out my schedule for 4th year now and i'm wondering if taking step 2 at the end of january is fine? i was planning on taking january off for interviews and studying (can't take dec. off b/c of a required rotation and i figure november is too early for interviews).

will this be a problem; ie will programs want documentation of passage before submitting a rank list or something like that?

thanks a lot
 
Well I know that for programs in internal medicine, only step 1 scores are required. Documentation of passing step 2 scores as far as I know should not preclude you from submitting a rank list. It will preclude you from graduation though. :idea: 😉

I think taking the CS in January is way too late. I would take the CS in October/November at the latest just to get it out of the way and done. It generally takes anywhere from 6-8 weeks to score. During that time, most people I've talked to are sweating bullets thinking they failed. You don't want to be part of the 3% that fails and have to retake it and wonder if it will be scored in time to graduate. I think taking the CK in January is also late but doable.