Step 2

Started by bananaman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bananaman said:
What is the general consensus regarding Step 2 for radiology applicants?

When is the best time to take it (before or after the application process)? If the answer depends on one's Step 1 score, what is the general "cut-off" range for not having to take Step 2 (till the result doesn't matter)?


What I've been told is that if your Step I is less than 230, you might want to have your improved Step 2 score in before or at the time you apply.
 
I've read about a few programs in several specialties (EM, anesthesia) requiring Step 2 prior to being ranked. So far, I haven't heard this regarding radiology programs. Has anyone else heard otherwise?

Thanks
 
HA123 said:
I've read about a few programs in several specialties (EM, anesthesia) requiring Step 2 prior to being ranked. So far, I haven't heard this regarding radiology programs. Has anyone else heard otherwise?

Thanks

nah, my advisor/program director says that radiology programs don't care about step 2 assuming you have a good enough step 1 score. i guess she knows what she's talking about....???