Step I step 2?

Started by vitaminj
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

vitaminj

FDA Approval Pending
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I did well on Step 1 do I have to take Step 2 before the match? 😕
 
No you don't. But a high Step 2 score received early (by November or so) can only help you score more interviews. On the flip side, a mediocre performance can hurt you.
 
VitaminJ...I didnt take Step 2 because I felt that it would have been pretty tough to beat my Step 1 score. Possible, but it would have been a lot of work and I am burnt.
Sooo....I got a lot of similar ambiguous advice to what .......I am sure you have been getting. Sort of like what Dr. Cuts wrote.
So I decided to gamble and not take it (step 2). Ultimately, I was very happy with the interview response that I got (#of programs) and I am about 90% done with interviews and not one single program has brought it up. If youre step 1 score is solid, I wouldnt worry about it.
Good Luck