Step 2ck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klumpke

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All!
I am applying this cycle and was hoping one of you awesome people might have an answer for me. I am currently deciding whether to take step 2ck in the middle of my IM sub I in September (and possibly get a lower score) or wait until October and just take it then (with a likely higher score).

My step 1 is 255+ But I wasn’t sure if anyone knew anything about programs screening apps that don’t have step 2 in yet.

Thanks a lot for any info you guys might be able to offer, I really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

If it were me, I'd wait.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it because his step 1 is crazy high if it was 220 would you recommend him/her have step 2 before applications ?

Members don't see this ad :)
its been a while, but advice i was given is if you step 1 is sky high, best to wait and if its below average for the field you want then get it in early

if this is still a q for you, i'd take step 2ck early. i had multiple programs not offer interviews until i got step 2 ck back because it's a requiremtn for them. my step 1 was 240s.

Reactions: 1 user
that is an amazing step 1 score. congrats. welcome to the field.

if this is still a q for you, i'd take step 2ck early. i had multiple programs not offer interviews until i got step 2 ck back because it's a requiremtn for them. my step 1 was 240s.
could you possibly share what programs these were? were they transitional years or PM&R programs? thanks!

could you possibly share what programs these were? were they transitional years or PM&R programs? thanks!
Michigan and UCLA are two that come to my head. Don’t really remember

Hey just getting back, this was hardly an issue for me but itll probably change next year with PF step 1. Michigan and Mayo were two