Step 3 Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ClearlySeen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently studying for step 3 and hoping to start residency next year. After searching the forum, I had no luck finding enough information to make a decisive decision.

I am nearing completion of uworld step 3 qbank and was wondering if I should supplement an additional qbank with kaplan step 3 qbank or do another quick run of uworld step 2? (I did CK in 2016 so the questions won't be memorized). I know that uworld step 2 was solid but unsure how kaplan qbank 3 measures up. I've been doing CCS cases from uworld here and there as I go along and kind of weak in biostat.

I have about 2 months to study (4 days per week), averaging 64% on uworld currently. Non-US IMG with ~240s on Step 1 and 2

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think it would be better to stick to one qbank , UWORLD is enough for step 3. If you want to supplement this with UWORLD step 2 then nothing wrong with that, but I would say UWORLD step 3 plus MTB are enough.........study the same material twice and do the questions over and over again and read the explanations of every question including the questions that you have answered right. ............

CCS and biostat are must thing to do, CCS will positively influence your score upon doing well, while biostat relatively have an easy questions (with adequate preparations), and you really don't need to drop those 30 questions of biostats !

Relatively: first day had 30-40 questions biostats, 30 questions ethics, 40 questions (basics, mechanism of actions and underlying pathological process ), 15 questions for drug ads. Those combined almost consist half of the questions of the first day.

The more you repeat reading the same material the more you confident you feel.......The reason that many of us are getting barely passing scores because really we don't get much free time to read. One mistake I have done is not taking the step 3 before training

Best of luck

Reactions: 1 user