Step 3 and DOs

Started by PC89
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PC89

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since CS has been discontinued the opportunity for DOs to take Step 3 is now more widely available. Will Cardiology PDs now preferentially look for DO candidates who take Step 3 over those who have only taken Level 3?
 
Since CS has been discontinued the opportunity for DOs to take Step 3 is now more widely available. Will Cardiology PDs now preferentially look for DO candidates who take Step 3 over those who have only taken Level 3?
No as long as your Step 1/2CK were good.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was one of the few DOs who took Step 2 CS so I could take Step 3. It helped me but YMMV. I think there's not much of a reason now to NOT take Step 3 if you've already taken Steps 1 and 2.
A little off topic- but can you take Step 2 if you've only taken COMLEX Level 1 or do you need to have taken Step 1 first? (with both Step 1 and Level 1 being P/NP going forward, I think there's less of a reason to take both Level 1 and Step 1 so I'd consider taking COMLEX 1 and then Step 2 + COMLEX 2).
 
A little off topic- but can you take Step 2 if you've only taken COMLEX Level 1 or do you need to have taken Step 1 first? (with both Step 1 and Level 1 being P/NP going forward, I think there's less of a reason to take both Level 1 and Step 1 so I'd consider taking COMLEX 1 and then Step 2 + COMLEX 2).
Edit: Steps 1 and 2 CK can be taken in any order, see below. My original statement was incorrect.
 
Last edited: