Step III Step 3 before Rank List, scheduling advice

Started by NamDoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NamDoc

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

Looking for advice if anyone has a moment...

I graduated this month and applied for the 2019 match. I want to get Step 3 out of the way before residency. Since it is not offered during the first two weeks of January I can either take it during December or mid-January. I would prefer to take it in January to give me more time to study and avoid testing during the holidays, but I wouldn't get the score until Feb 12 at the earliest. Ranking opens on Jan 15 and closes on Feb 20. Do you think getting a score back on Feb 12 would be too late? i.e. are rank lists usually complete by then?

Personal info...

Canadian IMG (Caribbean second-tier school)
Step 1 239
Step 2 CK 246
Step 2 CS pass
applying to FM, IM, peds

Thanks for your help and sorry for the winded post!