Step III Step 3 CCS

Started by rustic55
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rustic55

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I just finished my Step 3 today.

Feel like I bombed the CCS portion. One case, I completely missed DKA because I didn't see the glucose result and ended up ordering a million other invasive tests to find out patient was not recovering and then later went back and saw the result...I'm such an idiot

Further than that, I probably did not manage 3 of my other cases well, where one of them I had no idea what i was doing and blindly ordering tests and consults. All my cases ended prematurely

I'm really afraid of failing ccs at this point...anyone know how likely I am to fail this? Any insight
 
The 2015 usmle ccs real cases looks like has 4 or so cases that uworld doesn't have matching counterparts for, unfortunately. So it makes sense why more test takers feel like failing ccs very lately.
 
So, I just finished my Step 3 today.

Feel like I bombed the CCS portion. One case, I completely missed DKA because I didn't see the glucose result and ended up ordering a million other invasive tests to find out patient was not recovering and then later went back and saw the result...I'm such an idiot

Further than that, I probably did not manage 3 of my other cases well, where one of them I had no idea what i was doing and blindly ordering tests and consults. All my cases ended prematurely

I'm really afraid of failing ccs at this point...anyone know how likely I am to fail this? Any insight

How did you end up doing? I had a similar experience... One case where I had no clue what to do and then 2-3 others where I mismanaged because I didn't notice a couple small things.... ugh.