USMLE Step 3 CCS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rustic55

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I just finished my Step 3 today.

Feel like I bombed the CCS portion. One case, I completely missed DKA because I didn't see the glucose result and ended up ordering a million other invasive tests to find out patient was not recovering and then later went back and saw the result...I'm such an idiot

Further than that, I probably did not manage 3 of my other cases well, where one of them I had no idea what i was doing and blindly ordering tests and consults. All my cases ended prematurely

I'm really afraid of failing ccs at this point...anyone know how likely I am to fail this? Any insight

Members don't see this ad.

The 2015 usmle ccs real cases looks like has 4 or so cases that uworld doesn't have matching counterparts for, unfortunately. So it makes sense why more test takers feel like failing ccs very lately.

So, I just finished my Step 3 today.

Feel like I bombed the CCS portion. One case, I completely missed DKA because I didn't see the glucose result and ended up ordering a million other invasive tests to find out patient was not recovering and then later went back and saw the result...I'm such an idiot

Further than that, I probably did not manage 3 of my other cases well, where one of them I had no idea what i was doing and blindly ordering tests and consults. All my cases ended prematurely

I'm really afraid of failing ccs at this point...anyone know how likely I am to fail this? Any insight

How did you end up doing? I had a similar experience... One case where I had no clue what to do and then 2-3 others where I mismanaged because I didn't notice a couple small things.... ugh.