step 3 ccs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peeludr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone i took my exam 2 days back and i am worried.My first day was ok ,being a very slow person i was able to finish the blocks which i think was an achievement!!!,i felt good about that.But the second day was horrible.I ran out of time in 2 blocks and had to rush through some 10 -15 questions!!!
then came the worst part.I panicked a lot and took a break came back for ccs.In my first case i panicked about wheather to admit the patient or not?I forgot to consult surgery befoe doing surgery in my second case ,forgot to add heparin in my mi case befor cath,had a strange case where a patient came for evaluation before weight reduction surgery and was found to have pulmonary hypertension and i didn't know how to manage,and in the tca overdose case the screen ended before i could review the results,and in a gynec case i screwed up big time and missed out on the diagnosis until very late.I did 4 cases somewhat satisfactorily and did some silly mistakes on the others too which i realised then itself but i couldn't do anything about it because i had advanced the clock already.guys i dont know.does anybody know anyone who passed after screwing up on ccs?i am worried i'm just praying to god and keeping my fingers crossed:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
hi To my surprise ,I passed step3 with a score of 85.Sorry I didn't post it earlier.But it was a scary exam,Guess what?I scored very well on ccs.so guys,i think missing one or 2 small steps on this doesnot make a lot of impact and i guess a little time delay is also acceptable if you are doing the right step after you diagnosed the disease.Dear friends this forum has been very helpful and I must tell u one thing,the NBME scores have no correlation at all with actual scores.My NBME scores were 200 a week before the exam!!!Thanks to all those people who helped me here.Good luck to all those who are going to give it.:thumbup: