Step 3 - MA/ME?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pedsrads

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I'm still trying to figure this out.

I am a prelim in Massachusetts, will be doing my residency in Maine. I have vacation time in June and was hoping to take Step 3 then. Can I do this, and does it matter where I register, especially if I plan to moonlight in Maine?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I'm still trying to figure this out.

I am a prelim in Massachusetts, will be doing my residency in Maine. I have vacation time in June and was hoping to take Step 3 then. Can I do this, and does it matter where I register, especially if I plan to moonlight in Maine?

Thanks.

Register in any state you are qualified to, do the exam in any prometric center in US, Practice any where you qualify. I registered in one state, the exam in another and practice in third one. Good luck

If you are planning to moonlight in Maine, you would have to have the license in Maine, no matter where you sit for the exam, as the previous poster noted. To take the exam you need to do it under the aegis of the state of Maine, since that is the state where you want the license in order to moonlight. Later, you can ask other states for reciprocity based on your Maine license.

Good luck!

Nu