Step 3 Poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Strongman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which one is the best in your experience with Step 3?

Feel free to comment.

Members don't see this ad.

im studying for it now.

i'm using crush and first aid.

both are really good. crush is about 200 pages and on par with the step 2 crush as far as quality goes.

first aid is awesome. its got 100 CCS cases at the end which are good since 4 hrs of the 2 day test are those. its about 350 pages all together, making it the most concise first aid yet. there's some mistakes in first aid, probably cause it's the first edition, but most of them are obvious.

backontop said:
im studying for it now.

i'm using crush and first aid.

both are really good. crush is about 200 pages and on par with the step 2 crush as far as quality goes.

first aid is awesome. its got 100 CCS cases at the end which are good since 4 hrs of the 2 day test are those. its about 350 pages all together, making it the most concise first aid yet. there's some mistakes in first aid, probably cause it's the first edition, but most of them are obvious.

Thanks. I plan on hittingt the books for Step 3 in March. I"ve heard some postive things about one of the three (not Crush) being very "on point" with the Step 3, so I wanted some opinions out here from the veterans.

are you guys planning to study? How many hours/day? I'm using Crush and Kaplan. Good luck...

Members don't see this ad :)
Strongman said:
Which one is the best in your experience with Step 3?

Feel free to comment.

I've been using Strong Medicine. Overall, I like the book, easy to get through with CCS. However, in some areas there are pretty big gaps. I've also found several typos in it including the words "colonoscopy" where "colposcopy" should be.

Big Lebowski said:
I've been using Strong Medicine. Overall, I like the book, easy to get through with CCS. However, in some areas there are pretty big gaps. I've also found several typos in it including the words "colonoscopy" where "colposcopy" should be.

I've heard good things about Strong Medicine and, more historically, Crush. Has anyone out there used First Aid?